Our experienced rehabilitation team is committed to the quality of care for our residents. Patients are empowered through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence in all areas of daily life. Residents are challenged by our caring and specifically trained staff members to reach functional goals aimed towards rehabilitating their overall quality of life and function. Patient’s families are also encouraged to participate in therapy sessions.
Physical therapy focuses on identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairments as well as future injury prevention. Following evaluation, our physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program tailored to our residents’ goals and potential with a focus on achieving safe and independent function in a variety of areas.
Treatment focus may include:
- Increasing strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increasing motor control for a patient who have suffered a stroke
- Improving coordination, balance, and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improving overall strength conditioning, range of motion, and endurance
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
- Providing pain management therapy and education
Our occupational therapists use a task directed approach in the treatment of patients whose functional abilities and independence has been impaired by illness, injury, or aging. Treatment programs focus on restoring, developing, and improving basic skills essential for daily living. Intervention techniques may also include the adaptation of tasks and environment to promote safety and achieve independence. Our personalized therapy programs collaborate with patients and family to maximize each patient’s ability to function in their home and community environments.
Treatment focuses may include:
- Developing independence with self feeding, bathing, toileting, and homemaking tasks
- Improving safety and functional performance in home and community
- Promoting joint and tissue integrity with splinting, bracing, and range of motion techniques
- Improving strength, coordination, and dexterity
- Improving problems solving skills, memory, and sequencing
- Improving visual perceptual skills
Our speech therapists provide a variety of interventions to assess and restore functional abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing, and cognition. Our personalized treatment programs are designed to work with patients whose function in these areas has been affected due to stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders, as well as difficulties relating to hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills, such as memory, problem-solving, and abstract reasoning
- Patient and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing